Littlest Angels was founded by Rose Ann Milbert, RN. Through her work as a neonatal intensive care nurse for many years, Rose Ann has seen first-hand the need for burial gowns for families who are faced with the tragedy of a loss of a baby as part of the birthing process. As a result, Rose Ann, modeling her organization after a number of other similar organizations throughout the country, created Littlest Angels, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in May of 2014.
Our Mission & Values:
Littlest Angels is a legally registered 501(c)3 Not-For-Profit organization. Our mission is to create beautiful custom burial gowns and angel wraps from donated wedding gowns and other formal wear for families who have suffered the loss of a baby before, during, or after birth. Littlest Angels funds its operations in a manner that allows it to offer gowns and angel wraps at no expense to participating hospitals who, in turn, provide them to the families of these littlest angels free of charge.
Littlest Angels consists entirely of volunteers - from seamstresses, cutters, designers, to other helpers. We could not do what we do without the generous efforts of all of our volunteers. Also, Littlest Angels could not exist without the generous donations of wedding gowns, other formal wear, and monetary donations we continue to receive from our many supporters. For some examples of our gowns, please see below or visit our gallery.
Littlest Angels has been featured in the following media articles:
- What's Next for Pittsburgh?: Littlest Angels help parents remember lost babies and Point Park News Service: 'Littlest Angels' Helps Parents Remember Babies by Neil Strebig, Point Park News Service
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Stylebook Snapshot - Bridal gowns repurposed into dresses for baby 'angels' by Sara Bauknecht
- CBS Local: 2016 Hometown Heroes: Rose Ann Milbert (Littlest Angels program, makes burial gowns for deceased infants)
- The Columbian: Nurse repurposes wedding gowns for baby ‘angels’
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette: pressreader - Nurse gives gowns a new role by Sara Bauknecht
- WN: News - Nurse repurposes wedding gowns for baby 'angels'.